Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The madness begins!

It's Day 2 of NaNo 2010, and I'm pleased to announce that my current word count (as shown by the little widget at the left of the page) is 3530. It may not be a staggering total, but it's a tad over the projected Day 2 average :) So far I've completed the prologue - which is slightly longer than originally intended - and I'm part way through Chapter 1. In the past I've found that I usually start to pick up speed after the first two and a half chapters or thereabouts, so maybe the little green bar on the left (and my little blue bar on the NaNo site) will resemble more than a tiny square by the weekend!

As with last year I intend to blog about NaNo at the end of each week, so for those who are interested in following my progress you should see a new post on Sunday night. Now that the clocks have gone back and we're on Greenwich Mean Time again, writing is the perfect way to spend those long, dark evenings....

2 comments:

  1. I just found this site and I'll be following your Nano progress. I'm curious to get a sense of what all the hubbub is about in regards to the NaNo Month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick! In its simplest terms NaNo is a lot of fun and a lot of chaos rolled into one. In general the idea is to write and not worry about trying to make a necessarily coherent first draft, as it's quantity rather than quality that's important. However I'm (probably) way too fussy for my own good, and no matter how much I try I find it impossible to switch off my inner editor....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! As you can see it is not possible for anonymous users to post, and all comments will be moderated.