Friday, November 20, 2009

NaNoWriMo: nearing the finishing line

A few days earlier than scheduled, but a couple of hours ago (before dinner to be precise) my NaNo novel crept past the 40k barrier. There are four chapters to go, plus the rest of the chapter that I'm currently working on, so the finished first draft will be longer than the 50k minimum. At this stage I'm not entirely sure how much longer it will be, but I'm just thrilled at the progress I've made so far. The fact that it's been so much fun has helped, and knowing that I won't have to pull an all-nighter in order to finish on time is even better!

2 comments:

  1. Impressive stuff & quite an achievement - well done, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Col! It seems a bit easier this year as I knew what to expect in terms of how much I could write in a day. Not all of the writing has been easy though, as a few times it's been a case of forcing some of the less important characters back into the broom cupboard :D

    ReplyDelete